Rename computer administrator in Documents and settings folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Me22

I have just had my computer wiped and xp put back on
However the person who did this for me has called me John by mistake!
I can change it in my user account

But in C Documents and Settings I may be John forever unless I have to lose my computer for it to be wiped again

Any quick and safe way to do this please?

When I try it says its a Windows file and cannot be re named
Please help :confused:

I just tested that. I created an account and gave it administrative privileges. Booted in and out of the account. Booted back in to my regular account and renamed the new account in users and documents and settings. Booted back out and logged onto that new changed account without a problem. Worked for me!

Me22

But microsoft says dont rename system files and wont let you do it
Dont want problems afterwards :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online