1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reoccuring window on startup of XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by UAPilot1960, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UAPilot1960

UAPilot1960 Thread Starter

Hi, here is the situation.

I shutdown WindowsXP with a folder/window open under My Computer. It was a small subdirectory I had been looking at to find a file. I shutdown the computer and when I boot up again, the window is there right where it was when I shutdown. Now here's the kicker. Now, even with that particular window closed and the desktop completely clear, I continue to get that same window opened upon windows start up. No matter what I do that same window always appears right where it was the first time I shutdown with it opened.

I'm clueless....but then that is another topic of discussion.

Please steer me in the right direction to fix this? Thank you in advance :)

2. bencpht

bencpht

I'm not sure if it would be there, but try checking the startup group in msconfig. That's my only guess, sorry dude.

3. sabledog

sabledog Guest

go to start, programs, start up... sounds like the folder has been put in the start up... if its there just right click and delete...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice