1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reopening minimized file

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by conlo, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. conlo

conlo Thread Starter

I have a BB&T online banking account. I try to open my account with name and password and fail The bank sends me a temporary password to be able to open my account. I minimize this info , then try to reopen my account to insert the temporary password, but I cannot find a way to reopen the file that I minimized or I don;t know where it went. How can I properly do this ?? The only I could do it was by using two browsers. One to open the account and another to open my email where the one time password is.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    All minimized windows should have an icon down in the navigation area.
    All one needs to do is to click the icon down there.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't understand most of your post, but I think that the bottom line is that you are asking if there is a way to have multiple web sites open at the same time without having multiple browsers open. For the past dozen or more years most (maybe all) browsers have the feature to have multiple tabs, each with a (usually different) web site.

As a simple example the attached screen shot of the top two lines of my Firefox browser show that I have two tabs--this thread in one and the Feedly news reader in the other. Clicking on the + sign will open another tab if I want it. With multiple tabs it is simple to switch back and forth as needed.

Capture.PNG

4. conlo

conlo Thread Starter

I am using win7 , google chrome and gmail . . Through google chrome I open my online bank account. My bank account fails to open so they send me thru my email a temporary password .I minimize my bank account folder. which goes to my task bar. I then go to my email and copy that temporary password. Now I try to reopen my bank account folder . I do this from the taskbar so that I can paste that temporary password . The task bar opens only the temporary password . I do not know where my online bank account went.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What folder? And what does it have to do with the Google Chrome browser?

How? By opening another browser window? By going to an already open browser window? ...?

Can you show screen shots of your Task Bar and the top few lines of Chrome to show us what you are describing (be careful to not divulge any private information)?

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you open a new tab in the browser ?

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What browser?
    I have a BB&T account and use a Win 7 computer.
    I open different tabs in my browser. (ctrl + T opens a blank tab in Firefox/Palemoon). One with the bank site up. I open a blank tab then go to the email site to get the one time access code.
    Go back to the tab at the bank site and paste in the code.
    No need to minimize the browser.

8. conlo

conlo Thread Starter

I try to go to my online banking account. I have the wrong password, so they send me a number to my gmail so i can reset my password. I minimize this page so I can go to my email to get this number. Now I have the number but I cannot reopen the window I minimized. Where did it go. I also tried using the symbol next to the minimize icon . Whenever I use the minimize icon when using my gmail , I cannot bring back up the gmail. Why??

9. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

You need to respond to the replies you have received and answer the questions.

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Don't minimize any browser. Open a new tab (ctrl + T) - problem solved. One tab is gmail and the other tab is the bank site. I do this all the time on a Windows 7 computer.

12. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I think that should be Alt+Tab key

13. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice