1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

repair and replace lcd panel all and tv screen

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by lboone001, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lboone001

lboone001 Thread Starter

I have a sony kdl52w4100 tv, and I turned it on the other day and the power lite came on green, a couple of seconds the standby lite came on its red, and it blinks 13 times stops and starts blinking 13 over and over. I called Sony and the told me it was out of warranty. They told me to call on of their contracted repairmen in my area, so I did. He told me my problem is the LCD panel is bad that a failed lamp inside the LCD panel. Cost of repair $2,800.00 dollars. Does anyone know how to replace and repair the LCD panel and change the screen? I found the very same tv with a broken screen that works fine, I changed the screen in the tv that I bought on ebay and used their insides, they same thing is happening with the new tv. Help

2. lboone001

lboone001 Thread Starter

I just emailed you with the complete history and all the problems.
    My name is
    Larry Webb
    752 Bolado Rd
    Tres Pinos, Ca 95075

Thank you very much for your reply to my problem.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!