1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

repair dell media direct help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mshabsovich, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

i have a dell e1505 it shipped with dell media direct. which means that when the computer is off and one presses the dell media direct button the computer boots from a different partition on the HD and allows a person to access music and videos. however i formated my entire HD because of all the crap that dell installs. i called dell for help and they said that i would need the dell media direct reinstallation cd to make media direct work after a format. so they sent me one. when i try to install it it says that it was unable to copy some files for the installation. why would it say this? where can i get some info about installing it? i called dell and they did not know how to resolve the issue. wat a surprise. :confused:

2. nitinnuts2k

nitinnuts2k Account Closed

You need to boot from the Media direct cd and select option1. It will create a 2.01 GB partition (logical) for Media direct and allocate rest to OS. Then you need to reinstall OS and once the installation is complete, install Mediadirect from the cd.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice