1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Repair harddrive OSX Utility

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by etaf, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I looking remotely at a friends OSX Macbook pro 2008 -
    not sure what OSX is on it

Had an issue with outlook 2011 not opening - repairing the database identity did not fix the issue

I was going to put thunderbird on a see if i could import the emails - but the device running very slow and Safari crashed

so I got him to run verify under disk utility and got an error the disk needed to be repaired and something about a repair HD disk

We don't have any thing - and not an OSX expert.

Can i do a repair like chkdsk on windows
    or what can i do know

i have copied all the data (except the microsoft outlook database identities ) strange reason theres 300GB free on the external drive - and the identities with all the copy and backups - is 119GB - but the copy says not enough room ?????

any way and safe way to repair

Next steps ?

I have suggested he purchases an portable external 1TB drive to copy to
    and then use for timemachine once sorted

thanks

2. Headrush

Headrush

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice