Repair harddrive OSX Utility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
I looking remotely at a friends OSX Macbook pro 2008 -
not sure what OSX is on it

Had an issue with outlook 2011 not opening - repairing the database identity did not fix the issue

I was going to put thunderbird on a see if i could import the emails - but the device running very slow and Safari crashed

so I got him to run verify under disk utility and got an error the disk needed to be repaired and something about a repair HD disk

We don't have any thing - and not an OSX expert.

Can i do a repair like chkdsk on windows
or what can i do know

i have copied all the data (except the microsoft outlook database identities ) strange reason theres 300GB free on the external drive - and the identities with all the copy and backups - is 119GB - but the copy says not enough room ?????

any way and safe way to repair

Next steps ?

I have suggested he purchases an portable external 1TB drive to copy to
and then use for timemachine once sorted

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online