repair HD for bootcamp osx snow Leopard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fitzeronik

Ok so as the title suggests I am currently trying to dual-boot win 7 on a 2010 MBP 10.6.8 snow leopard and encountered the error:
"The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows."

my problem exactly, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3750072?start=0&tstart=0

Attempting to follow user Lex Luminati's advice i found that snow leopard does not infact have a repair mode, or at least none I'm aware of. Can anybody help me repair my HD? I have tried backing up and reformatting, repairing, and pre-particioning. The HD is already Extended (Journaled) , I am at a loss on what to do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online