1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Repair MS Access database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by waldfogel, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waldfogel

waldfogel Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a program/option/tool to repair a microsoft access database that can be run from command line (I don't want any user interaction, I want to be able to schedule it).

The systems do not have Microsoft Access installed, they use a Delphi program with ado connections to an ms access db, and the delphi program runs a compact every time it opens, but the db still gets corrupted and needs repair from time to time.

Currently, I have to log onto the machine, open odbc and do a repair through that, but I would like to be able to schedule a regular repair to run without needing a connection to the db, and hopefully avoiding the user ever seeing the error message.

So far, all I have been able to find are programs that use a gui interface (which I can do with the odbc), or programs that require ms acess or ms access runtime installed, neither of which exists on these machines.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

RobertFowler17 likes this.
  2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

3. draceplace

draceplace

I'm thinking without access installed on the machine your not going to get the ability to do this. Copy the db to an PC with Access then C/R and copy it back to its original location might be an option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1192188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice