Repair or reinstallation of Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DenhamMoore

l have a Fujitsu tablet computer, a Fujitsu Stylistic 5112, which I think was manufactured in Japan sometime before 2012. I bought it second hand from Ebay, and I'm not sure if the operating system is registered with Microsoft. The system is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Several months ago, the computer malfunctioned, and the operating system would no longer load normally. It showed a blue screen display, and there was an error message from windows saying a file was corrupt and Windows could not start. I was, however, able for a few days to get the computer to start in safe mode and I think all the functions that usually work in safe mode, still functioned. Then Another error message showed up on the screen. Both error messages, as far as I know, identified Windows files and not Fujitsu files, and said the files were corrupt. I could no longer get the computer to start in safe mode. When it is turned on, the gray bios screen comes on, and this can be shifted between several pages. But the operating system doesn't come on at all. I bought both a USB drive and a DVD disk set, both of which are supposed to have repair and reinstallation software for Windows 7. One of the disks is supposed to have drivers for windows 7. However, I haven't been able to get the disks or the flash drive to do anything to repair the operating system, and when I have tried to do a Windows 7 reinstall, I get error messages. The original error messages aren't displayed anymore, and all I am able to do with the computer is access the bios displays and change some of the things shown on them. When I try to do diagnostic work using some of the listed software, the computer says it is loading files or is analyzing the system, but no results are displayed. So the computer is now not usable.

I didn't normally use a plugin keyboard for this tablet, but I have a mini wireless keyboard which seems to function all right with the tablet. I also never used the navigation and other buttons on the front of the tablet. I think some are functional, others don't seem to have any effect when I push them.

Ideally, I would like to repair Windows 7 without erasing all the files on the hard drive. I think it is a 60GB SATA hard drive. I think all my important files were backed up, but am not sure. If erasing and reinstalling is the only way to get the computer working again, I guess I would have no alternative to doing that.

l haven't downloaded the diagnostic software from this website, but will try to get it downloaded tonight, although I doubt that it could be used on the tablet computer as it currently is functioning. I tried to use the repair software which is supposed to be on both the flash drive and the disks I have, but the computer apparently did not recognize the repair programs.

So the current situation with this computer is, that I can access the bios pages, but can't start Windows 7. There was a message box, then another one, which said that files were corrupted which were necessary to start Windows. I can't get the message boxes to appear again, and consequently don't know the names of the bad files. I got an error message when I tried to start a reinstallation of Windows 7. The flash drive and the disks are from an ebay seller, and are not from Microsoft, which is no longer providing support for Windows 7.
I don't have any driver reinstallation disks from Fujitsu, and no other Fujitsu software. I tried to contact Fujitsu, but couldn't find any way to do it on the Fujitsu website.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online