1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Repair stuck on 'Disabling Wireless Adapter'

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sonic_uk, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonic_uk

sonic_uk Thread Starter

Ok first of all ill say that i am using a Realtek Wireless Adapter (a card in the back, not a USB) and the program i am running to manage my internet is 'REALTEK RTL8185 Wireless LAN Driver and Utility'.

Now comes the problem. At first my computer goes fine, and can work for hours on end, then suddenly, my internet will just cut out, for no reason whatsoever. Then i click to repair my internet, and it becomes stuck on 'Disabling wireless adapter...', and if i press 'Cancel' nothing happens. The only way to regain my internet is to reboot my computer, but even then i have to manually turn it off as it again gets stuck on 'Windows is shutting down'.

I would be greatful for any help and advice you could give, and if you need any more information then just let me know. Thanks :D

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like you might have a driver issue or a failing wireless adapter.

I'd download and install the latest wireless drivers, if that doesn't do it, it's probably time to consider a new wireless adapter.

3. sonic_uk

sonic_uk Thread Starter

strange, i didn't get it too long ago, couple of months actually. And recently its stopped happening, it's strange, i have no clue what triggers it however it also causes my computer to temporarily freeze for 5-10 seconds every 20 seconds or so when it loses connection (still says it connected but not receiving any packets)

but thanks ill take your advice and hopefully it'll fix this,

ta

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!