1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Repairing iPhones and reselling - taxable income?

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by Ewanc, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewanc

Ewanc Thread Starter

Hi :)

I've been buying, repairing then reselling older iPhones (5-6s generations) and was wondering - should I be paying tax on these? Most of them are broken bought off eBay and then sold to a local repair store that will sell them themselves. Is the income, or all the money I get liable to income tax? How do I pay it if so? I only work part time so have a little bit yet until I hit the basic tax band according to this salary tax calculator, so I assume I'll be ok for now. Anyone got any good sites for me to have a look through in the mean time?

thanks in advance :)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    This site is for technical help, not legal or tax advice. You should probably consult a tax accountant.

FWIW, having volunteered for nine years with AARP's TaxAide service, I'm sure that the revenue is considered taxable income and the money you pay for them is considered a deductible business expense. But take that with the proverbial grain of salt. You may not even be in this country.

Closing, as we do not provide this type of advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice