1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Repeated 01's appear when I boot up!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HavoCTJedi, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HavoCTJedi

HavoCTJedi Thread Starter

I had Mandrake Linux on another hard drive on my computer, and what would happen when I booted up was there was a linux screen, and it gave me the option to boot into windows OR linux. It's odd, because my master hard drive had XP on it, and the slave had Linux, but it always went to that boot screen.

Anyways, this morning I decided to completely wipe the hard drive with Linux on it. I used "Kill Disk" on it, and wiped it off. When I rebooted, it gets to the Boot from CD screen, and all of the sudden, about 20 lines of "01" show up. I've tried changing around the jumper in the back, and I get the same results. I'm assuming it's because Linux placed something in the boot up log for XP telling it to go to that screen, and when it loaded up and Linux wasn't there...it gives me the 01's. Is there ANY way to check this? I have to get back into windows, because I've been working on a map for some time for a game I play, and I can't lose it, again!

SUMMARY: XP gives me "01 01 01" repeated on the Boot from CD screen when I boot up. Need a way to get back into windows, or tweak the boot process. I can get into the recovery console, but not sure what to do from there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/352279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice