1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Repeated Internet freezes

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by purple_cheese, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purple_cheese

purple_cheese Thread Starter

System: Windows XP SP2
    HP Pavilion Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz 2.93, 1.25GB of RAM
    Norton antivirus

Ok, so recently I have moved and am using an external D-Link wireless connecter to connect up to the wireless router. While the signal strength has been low, it has been fine for gaming and general internet use.
    Just yesterday while I was gaming I started getting repeated disconnecting, and assumed it was the wireless signal but this showed no sign of getting wrose or disconnecting. It is also happening with websites, I can open up the first few pages fine, but then it gets slower and just stops loading, if I close it and open it back up it usually fires away again for a few pages then does the same thing.
    In gaming the latency slowly builds up till it just disconnects me. Noone else in the house is having trouble with the wireless at all.
    I have tried turning off the firewall and auto protect thingee from norton, but this had no effect.
    I am going to try to find a cable to connect directly to the router, but any help and advice would be much appreciated ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice