Repeater?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KVP

Should I get a repeater? I have a wireless router in my office, but my kids say upstairs the signal isn't that good. If so, what type of repeater? I know nothing about this kind of stuff.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 830 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7927 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 940150 MB, Free - 249657 MB; D: Total - 13420 MB, Free - 1617 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2A92
Antivirus: Ad-Aware Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

etaf

Wayne
Whats the layout - if the electric circuit is on the same consumer unit - then you could use powerline adapters and use the electricity cable to get the signal upstairs - then have a wireless powerline adapter there

A repeater will need to pick up a reasonable signal somewhere between the office and upstairs in order to "repeat" the wireless signal

KVP

Whats the layout - if the electric circuit is on the same consumer unit - then you could use powerline adapters and use the electricity cable to get the signal upstairs - then have a wireless powerline adapter there
I'm a little confused by what you are asking if the electric circuit?

etaf

Wayne
the electricity for the house
you mention office - so I'm not sure if this is a commercial unit with its own power supply for electricity

for powerline adapters to work - they have to be connected to sockets that are all connected to the same consumer unit - fuse box

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online