1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

repitition and frezzing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by helpaguyout, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helpaguyout

helpaguyout Thread Starter

my computer froze a couple weekes ago and would not resond. i restarted it but when i turned on the computer the green power light turned orange. after a week i turned it on again and the was sent to a black and white screen. on it gave me different options such as safe mode, use last settings, and start normally. i used all of theses options but ended up with the same result each time which was the com. starting up but restarted while it loads and i was sent back to black and white screen. it is a windows xp
    IM FORCED TO GO TO THE LIBRARY. SOMEBODY PLZ HELP ME.

2. geehawk

geehawk

What you are experiencing is most like a bsod. The computer is crashing on boot and then restarting as a way of protecting itself. There are a variety of things that could be causing this. Bad drivers and corrupt system files are the most common things in my experience. If it's a corrupt system file then there is a high chance your hard drive is failing and needs replacement. Does your computer have a floppy disk drive? If so, then access another computer with a floppy drive and download this file:
    http://hddguru.com/download/software/mhdd/mhdd32ver4.6floppy.exe
    then insert a floppy disk into the drive and run the file you just downloaded.
    Next insert the floppy into the system that you are experiencing issues with and start the computer. the rest of the information can be found here:
    http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/mhdd_manual.en.html

if you don't have a floppy drive then we can work from there, but if you do then go ahead and try running mhdd.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

You simply have to tell us about your computer either brand or model number and/o components and age. Do you have software for this pc?
    If you have an XP disk, I would try running checkdisk this way:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

4. geehawk

geehawk

A check disk will not determine if a drive is failing and even if it fixes issues it's still possible the drive has slow sectors that are still readable. If you want to run checkdisk that's fine, but mhdd is still a good idea.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

If the problem is simple, checkdisk will fix it. If checkdisk cannot complete you know the hard drive is shot. Remember, most users today have brand name pc's which regrettably do not have floppy drives any longer.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do as Rich-M suggests and run chkdsk on the drive. File system errors are common with improper shutdowns. It is too soon to start worrying about drive failure before the drive's file system has even been checked.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice