1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replace Disk or Other Media Message

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Manos, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Manos

Manos Thread Starter

While booting and after finding the hard drive and cd roms and floppy disk drives I get the following message " Replace Disk or Other Media. Press any key ..." eventhough I press any button the message keeps on popping up and it won't boot furthermore....

Can someone help please.

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

because you have cd rom or floppy drive as your first boot drive.

to change this to have hqarddrive your first boot drive go into your bios by pressing delete key right when hardrives are posting

3. Manos

Manos Thread Starter

I cannot get in my BIOS because I once put a password and now I cann' t remember it ..... silly me :p
    But this message just came up suddenly and there is not disk in my Floppy neither a cd in my cd-rom. Why should it make a differencxe suddenly...

4. mobo

mobo

Then remove the case from the pc and remove the motherboard (cmos) battery for about 2 minutes then replace it. That should remove the bios password and then set the first boot device to C drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice