1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replace Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ste98, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ste98

Ste98 Thread Starter

got a problem, i run a program called Leaguepad, it crashes during the start-up
    I've read somewhere that i need a new copy of Kernel32.dll i downloaded one but cannot replace it in any sort of mode

Leaguepad Error:
    Microsoft Report:
    any ideas??

Thanks

Ste

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You cannot replace system files readily in XP, they are protected by System File Protection.

I don't know what the real problem is, but there are TWO different versions of kernel32.dll in XP, the second, and larger version is for XP SP2

SP2: 5.1.2600.2180

Prior: 5.1.2600.0

Which version of Windows do you have?

3. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

This is SP2, yes?

Kernel32 errors are seldom related to a problem with the DLL itself, but rather with the application generating the error, or the environment it is running in.

Have you tried posting the problem on the LP Forum?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/349963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice