Replace Kernel32.dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ste98

got a problem, i run a program called Leaguepad, it crashes during the start-up
I've read somewhere that i need a new copy of Kernel32.dll i downloaded one but cannot replace it in any sort of mode

Leaguepad Error:
Leaguepad-
Run-time error '-2147024769 (8007007f)'
Automation error:
The Specified Procedure could not be found
Microsoft Report:
AppName: leaguepad.exe
Appver: 4.0.0.4
ModName: Kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.0
Offset: 0000d756
any ideas??

Thanks

Ste

You cannot replace system files readily in XP, they are protected by System File Protection.

I don't know what the real problem is, but there are TWO different versions of kernel32.dll in XP, the second, and larger version is for XP SP2

SP2: 5.1.2600.2180

Prior: 5.1.2600.0

Which version of Windows do you have?

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
This is SP2, yes?

Kernel32 errors are seldom related to a problem with the DLL itself, but rather with the application generating the error, or the environment it is running in.

Have you tried posting the problem on the LP Forum?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online