Replace Key on Thinkpad keyboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FtWrth

Hi. My T23 Thinkpad had a key pop off thanks to a book falling on the keyboard. I have the key and both unbroken little plastic holder parts. I cannot get it together, and neither could the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy nor my local computer repair shop guy. Does anybody know the secret? Nothing is broken; it just won't go back on. Thanks!

have you looked under the other keys?
maybe a plastic pin has broken off and
it cannot be fixed or maybe it can.
Carefully lift up another key but just
barely to see how it connects.

Mark S

If the key cannot be put back on, its pretty much dead. The switch itself maybe damage. Does they switch work at all? Because its a rather old ThinkPad, you're best bet is looking at criagslist or ebay to look for a whole keyboard or dead T23 computer that you can salvage.

FtWrth

Thanks for your input. All the parts are present and not damaged, and the key (F5) is working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online