1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replace Laptop Battery?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lschul, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

My wife's HP laptop just popped up a message saying the battery is full but should be replaced. Do these go bad that I have to buy a new battery? If so, who has the best deals?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

Yes laptop batteries wear out eventually.They just wont hold a charge anymore.All you can do is look around on the internet and compare prices and go from there.

3. lbllbl

lbllbl

I would suggest that you take out the battery, clean up the connector and try again. Also reboot your laptop to exclude temporary system/software problems. laptopbatterylife.com has some cheap laptop batteries with extended battery life. Their replacement batteries are often at much lower costs than the original ones.

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

i bought a new laptop battery with 9 cells instead of original equipment with 3 cells (2 hours vs 8 - 10 hours) found on amazon. $16 delivered. Been working fantastic over a year. Exactly what models battery supports always listed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060574