1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replace motherboard now no internet

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by schinski, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. schinski

schinski Thread Starter

I recently replaced my motherboard in my Solo 9300 which has windows XP. Since I've change it when I first turned the computer on it automatically opened the wizard for installing new hardware. Then I tried the internet and I get the IE screen put the page says the internet cannot be found. Since I purchased this computer used I don't have any of the cd's which I most likely need.
    Please Help! I need the Windows based computer on the internet for my work.

2. rosiesdad

rosiesdad

Did you do the drivers since the new MOBO?

3. schinski

schinski Thread Starter

I took the computer apart and it says made in japan and the serial number and below them it says
    KMVE F REV.2.1
    I've tried to search the internet with all the info and got nothing. please help me find out what motherboard I have and then I will need help on how to do drivers since I don't have cd.

4. schinski

schinski Thread Starter

I took the computer apart and it says made in japan and the serial number and below them it says
    KMVE F REV.2.1
    I've tried to search the internet with all the info and got nothing. Please help me determine what board I have and how to get the correct driver.

5. rosiesdad

rosiesdad

First, you must be in Europe? (computer brand unfamiliar to me). So if the MOBO is a direct replacement for the name brand computer (identical to original?) the original drivers should work (should be able to get from SOLO) if the MOBO is bought on the open market, they will usually have their own drivers or even a cd with drivers on it when you buy it.
    I cant be of much help beyond this, remember google is your friend for locating drivers and things.

6. schinski

schinski Thread Starter

No I'm not in Europe but the Computer base w/ motherboard I purchased used did say made in Ireland on it. Thanx for all the help you were able to give.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/984843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice