1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

replace psu fan?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rokko Ralph, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rokko Ralph

Rokko Ralph Thread Starter

I bought a new 400w psu with my new case. (my mother board had been flakey with lower watt models and wanted to be safe.) It runs great however the fan is a little loud and I'm looking to quiet it down. I was going to replace it with an Enermax 80mm since they're speed ajustable and quiet. I don't come close to using all the connectors provided. I run a CDR, DVD, HDD, floppy and two case fans off of it. Would it be safe to replace it with a potentially lower RPM model like the enermax?

2. carltasha

carltasha

If you want the power you are going to have to put up with the noise , and the heat . the pentioms caust whay more then the athalons but the one biggy is heat . you gotta cool the **** outa those athalons .

3. Rokko Ralph

Rokko Ralph Thread Starter

Well I have two case fans to cool down the athlon. (Which I was also going to replace with enermaxes.) I was just worried about the psu overheating. So you don't think it would provide enough cooling if I turned it up all the way? (39.8 CFM @ 3000 RPM)

Thanks for your response.

4. wedor

wedor

It may work fine, the only issue I would be concerned with is voiding the warranty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/87957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice