1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

replaced Cd-rw, not in bios, my comp or device mgr

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by derder11, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derder11

derder11 Thread Starter

I have switched IDE cables with the CD Rom and still not working. Are there any jumper settings that have to be changed? If so, what are they? What am I missing? I get power to the device but no action because it's not listed anywhere. Thanks.

2. beepers

beepers

hi there,
    yes there are jumper settings to be made. usualy it will be indicated on the cd ROM drive, have a look at it.
    if you dont find it on the drive itself, you can visit the manuf....s' website and can find a illustration according to the model.

Is this ROM hooked alone to a IDE cable or is it with a Hard drive.???

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes the jumpers may have to be changed on the drive. Is the drive on a cable by itself? If so it should be set as master, if theres another drive on the cable then the CD-RW must be set to the opposite of the other drive. For example if the other drive is master then this one be set as slave. There is a diagram on the drive itself to show you how to jumper it. Also make sure that the cable is on right. The red strip must go toward the power cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/135712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice