1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replaced DC Power Jack- Laptop still wont turn on!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bascotie, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bascotie

Bascotie Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I just replaced a bad T61 power jack ( I'm sure it must've been bad since two of the wire connections came loose from the jack itself). The new power jack had all the connections to the jack just fine, so I plugged it in, connected it to mobo, put everything together and still no power.

Could it be that when the connections came loose originally the motherboard got damaged in the process? I felt almost sure it was the dc power jack as soon I saw those loose connections, but i guess not?

EDIT: To give you guys a better idea. I bought one of these: T61 DC Power Jack

I also tried plugging in the charger (which I've tested with a multimeter, and it is also a new chrarger) into the NEW port, then trying to get power from the contacts on the mobo connector (white piece in the picture). I tried pushing down with the negative connector to one of the black wire contacts, and pushing the positive tip to one of the red wire contacts and did not see any power there, so I'm wondering if I tested it wrong?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice