1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

replaced fans now computer locked

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snowdoc15, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snowdoc15

snowdoc15 Thread Starter

I replaced the heat sink with fan and the other accessible fan and now the padlock light on the front of CPU where the power button is, is on and the computer will not boot up, or at least does not show anything on the screen. How does one unlock it?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

If you still have the cover off,the case may have a safety override switch.
    Might try it with the cover on.
    Make sure the cooler has the proper connection.
    If it does not have the center speed sensing connection,
    it may cause a problem.
    Make sure no other connections got knocked loose while you were working in there.

3. snowdoc15

snowdoc15 Thread Starter

I gave up and took it to the shop. Apparently I burned out the processor and they had a used one to replace it with for min. cost. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/959657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice