1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacement Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Graeme1, Mar 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    What is the "complete" HP Pavilion TS 11 model number ?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16J-006B-11AY9

If you compare the Amazon and Newegg pictures, they aren't the same battery.

If you are going to replace the battery, I suggest shutting down the notebook and removing the battery. Visually look at it and look for the HP part Number and record it.

3. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

Thank you for your help, I can't find the part number, would you mind looking at the photos

Attached Files:

4. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Just looking at the battery, it physically matches the Newegg graphic in Post #2 and not the one at Amazon.

From you JPEG, HP Part #729892-001
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16J-002H-0VE79

The BattPit battery in Post #2 is a rated at 36Wh and the second battery suggested above is a little less for more money.
    The BattPit battery at Newegg specifically states "Compatible with the following HP part numbers: 729759-831, 729892-001, HSTNN-DB5P, HSTNN-YB5P, KP03, KP03036"

Your choice.

5. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

Thank you, is the one I need on Amazon?

6. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    No. As I stated...
    "Just looking at the battery, it physically matches the Newegg graphic in Post #2 and not the one at Amazon."

I supplied two Newegg URLs pointing to batteries compatible with HP Part #729892-001

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If you want to shop at Amazon, simply search at Amazon using: HP Part #729892-001

You will get numerous hits, even a couple of HP original replacements. Just ensure that model # is specifically noted in the description. And as with any other purchase, take note of the rating/reviews, warranty, and of course price.

Amazon is the better choice when you are unsure, as their return policy is second to none.

ie (first hit in my search): https://www.amazon.com/GHU-TouchSma...2648763&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull-spons&psc=1

8. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your help, may I just ask, how did you know the part number I need is HP Part #729892-001

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    From the label on the first jpg you posted.
    It clearly shows replace with HP spare 729892-001

10. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

Thank you, I found one for £14 & I am going to order this

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice