Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement Graphics Cards Not Working

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  reblebrighton 
#1 ·
Ok I have been using a pretty cheap GPU for a while now I trued to replace it but the new one would not work so I returned it and got a different one this new one I can't get one of the fans to spin and it just stays black screen

#2 ·
What is the description of the original cheap graphics card(GPU)?
What is the description of the replacement graphics card(GPU)?

What is the description and wattage of the power supply unit(PSU)?

What is the description of the motherboard?

------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
The power supply is a 500w

The new card is the amd Radeon Rx 6600 xt

The old one came in a pre built but it is just like an inch and a half fan and the card it's self is like 4 by 2 someone told me that you could get the card online for like 50$ (sorry I don't know the name)

#3 ·
I changed your thread's title to something more descriptive than "Plz just help me". Since most people come here looking for computer help, a more specific title may make it easier for members with the needed knowledge to find your threads.

In addition to the information requested by Frank, does the original cheap card still work if you put it back into the computer?

#7 ·
Thanks for changing the name and yes the old card still works
We still need the motherboard details.

Are you running Windows 11? The specifications for the AMD Radeon™ RX 6600 XT Graphics Card only list 64 Bit versions of Windows 11 as the supported OS.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6600-xt
It says the system type is 64-bit operating system, x64-bases processor and in Windows specification the edition says Windows 10 pro

And my mother board is the mpg z390 gaming

#5 ·
#18 ·
Yea so the same thing is happening it turned on the. One fan goes off and it stayed black screen I got the 750w power supply I have no idea what to do plz keep on trying to help me something has to work eventually tho if we can't figure it out in about like a week and a half I will have to return the GPU so plz try to hurry 😭

#20 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.