1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacement laser printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DCM1519, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM1519

DCM1519 Thread Starter

My HP Laserjet III died today and the shop said that a circuit board failed. Repair would cost $150-$200 and they said not to do it. Not worth it when newer printers are cheap.

They have several used and rebuilt printers (bankrupt stock and end of lease machines) available and I trust them. Have bought toner from them for 10-15 years.

They want about $350 for a used 2100 or 2200 series HP laser printer (50,000 copies on one of them) and have others available as well. Newegg has some that look comparable for about the same price new (I want to paper trays).

It has been so many years since I bought a printer that it is hard to know what to get. I use it at home and probably print 20-30 pages a week.

I like HP because they seem to last forever. Bought my laserjet III in 1992 and have not had any problems until now.

Any advice?

Thanks

2. erick295

erick295

HP's are fine. Brothers are also good, but their drums need to be replaced. I guess you just need to get one that has two trays..? I'm not sure what else to say, except don't buy a used one if you can get a new one for the same price. At 20-30 pages a week, it would be hard to find a bad laser printer :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/505482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice