1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacement Mail Client for Outlook Express 6?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Telstar, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telstar

Telstar Thread Starter

Windows XP Home SP2
    IE6 / Firefox
    OE6 (Windows Live Mail)
    Verizon DSL

I'm a little upset. :mad:

For years I was fine with my Outlook Express 6 as my default Email Client.
    Now, along comes Windows Live Mail and OE no longer retrieves some of my
    Hotmail accounts.

Instead, I get this....
    [​IMG]

Now I have to take extra steps to open my IE, open Windows Live Mail and then
    sign in to each account in order to maintain my email.

With my OE being pretty obsoleted by Live Mail, what software is available that
    can replace my OE, will work with most Email accounts (Hotmail, POP3, etc) and,
    let me import all my Folders from my OE Accounts?

Thanks.

:)

2. Joggie721

Joggie721

well as far as hotmail and yahoo are concerned you are sol. the have reserved the right top pop mail or the use of imap to retrieve mail for yearly paying customers (20$ yr) then it will allow you.. Gmail on the other hand will allow imap and pop for free and you can continue to use your OE. As for other mail clients you could use Thunderbird, or if you have MS office installed you can use the 4 real outlook. Sorry this might not be the answer you wanted. but I would look at the various deals that msn has to allow you to connect more than one email. not sure as I pay for 1 msn account so I can do just that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice