replacement screws

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

root

I have a Compaq Presario 1720 laptop. Somehow, the screws holding the case together loosen up. I have noticed 1 or 2 missing. There are 2 different sizes. I was wondering if anyone might know where I can pick up some extras of these screws

I would try a local computer store. They surely keep a variety of screws in case they losr some or a system comes in that needs some.

root

Hmmm...yeah I was thinking that. I wonder if they would just give me some.
I checked Compaq (hp) and they want $36 for a screw kit...kind of expensive...

How much? Gordon bennett you could almost build a pc for that, lol

A lot of them will, they call it goodwill in the hope that you'll go back to them for the REAL stuff,

If push comes to shove, new egg do them for around $4 max

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online