1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacement tip for AC power cord?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tricon7, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricon7

tricon7 Thread Starter

Jun 13, 2004
    I have a Samsung laptop, and not long ago I bought a replacement AC power adapter from Rocketfish. However, the adapter tip - the part that plugs into the laptop - accidentally broke off yesterday and now I need a new one. The adapter tip just snaps on and off from the power/adapter cable, and the package came with about ten alternate tips of varying sizes (none of which fit my laptop).

Can I get a replacement tip somewhere without having to replace the entire expensive adapter power cord? I would think someone would sell it, as it just easily snaps on and off. All the various online posts I've seen seem to suggest that I need a soldering kit and workshop to get it done. But if that's the case, why does it just snap on and off?
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Dec 26, 2002
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065750