1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacing a CMOS battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kevindv10, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevindv10

Kevindv10 Thread Starter

Hello.
    It's that time when the clock on my PC is starting to slip. Can I just pull the CMOS battery out and take it to a shop to buy a replacement, or is there more to it than that?
    Thanks in advance.
    Kevin

PS - Oh ya, I'm wondering what people think of A+ certification. Is it worth the money and is it valued in the industry? Thanks again.

2. Hamill

Hamill

Turn off your system and umplug it. Then you can remove the battery to replace it. You can buy a replacemnt at any discount store. Usually just a calculator battery. I thinnd cr2032 is a standard cmos battery but dont quote me on that.
    A+ is a good intro to training. It is actually a prerequisite to several other certification programs. I am A+ and had to be to get certified for other things and to work on certain types of equipment and not void the warranty.
    Good Luck,
    Hamill

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice