Replacing CPU cooling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boneshaker

I have a 3GHz P4 (socket 775) and the fan/heatsink that came with the CPU is not that great ... that's probably an understatement. I've looked around a bit but there's not much to choose from, at least at tigerdirect.ca .

There's only one that appeals to me, it's the Cooler Master / Hyper 48 / Socket 754/939/478/775 / Copper / Heatpipe / CPU Cooling Fan. the rest are either too weird looking and don't move much air or the fan is way too loud.

Anyone familiar with the above product? Or maybe you know of something better.
All suggestions greatly appreciated ...

boneshaker

I have looked at the Zalman, but I'm not sure it will fit on my board(too big) or in my case ... I love the style. The Zalman website says it is compatable with my board (Asus P5AD2-E Premium) but I'm concerned about my power supply getting in the way.

accat13, the Arctic Cooling FREEZER7 looks pretty cool (pun intended) Their website says the Overall Dimensions are: 92 x 114 x 120 mm
That might fit.

Thanks for your help guys ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts