1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacing Internal Webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ghostrocket, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ghostrocket

Ghostrocket Thread Starter

Hi all

Customer has contacted me she has a Toshiba laptop with a built in webcam.
    She has asked if its possible to replace this as the quality isnt very good.

My question is has anyone done this and if so was it worth it ?

Any other advice would be appreciated

Thanks

2. Megabite

Megabite

I would think that buying a better quality external Cam is the way to go.....

3. Ghostrocket

Ghostrocket Thread Starter

Yeah i suggested that but she doesnt want to do that. I explained that the labour costs alone will be alot cause obviously i will need to take apart the laptop.

But heh the customer is always right

4. Megabite

Megabite

Never done it myself.....and internal Cams are usually always lower quality unless you pay silly prices........that customer must have more money than they need!!

Customer is always right but after installing the new one they still may not be happy.........how much is the laptop worth to start with?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice