Replacing Motherboard - Questions!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chall

Hello folks,

My Dell motherboard recently died a horrible death. I have ordered an identical motherboard from Dell as a replacement. I am running XP home.

I have added sound/video cards, memory chips, etc, but I have never replaced a motherboard before.

I hope to simply removed the old mobo, put the new mobo in the case, connect all the cables, seat all the cards, and be ready to go.

Is it really that simple? Is this the best way to go about getting the new mobo up and running? Anything else that I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Calvin

Be sure to read up on installing the cpu as well as applying the thermal grease...

A good idea seeing it is an identical MB would be to draw a sketch and mark down all the wire connections before proceeding with removing the old one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online