1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Replacing parts of Latitude D600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by novice973, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novice973

novice973 Thread Starter

Hi, I have 2 issues with my Dell Latitude D600:

1. Battery lasts for 10 minutes before needing recharge - can someone suggest a brand of long lasting battery that I can replace mine with?

2. Laptop constantly writing to disk - sometimes when I open the laptop, it wakes from hibernation and takes a long time before the laptop reponses (because it is furiously writing to disk); other times, I am typing on a document and it will take forever for the laptop to respond, again, because it is writing to disk
    a. Can upping the RAM help (it currently has 512mb)? Should I buy DELL RAM? Any suggestions for reliable RAM for my laptop?
    b. Or, is the disk signalling that it is near its final leg?

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice