1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'Reply' and 'Forward' buttons have vanished

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Duke Sharp, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Duke Sharp

Duke Sharp Thread Starter

I'm mystified. The 'Reply' and 'Forward' buttons have vanished from my hotmail account, and will not open attachments on one of three computers I use regularly, a MacBook a couple of years old. Also use a MacbookPro, and a PC, hotmail is OK on both. Was operating nearly normally... except it would not attach a 9.7MB file. Shut it off, returned a few hours later, and suddenly, hotmail was useless.
    Any clues?
    Thanks
    DS

2. ricfiji

ricfiji

maybe u should try using another browser..apart from the one ur using now..try the new opera 9.5 or firefox..see if it works

3. Duke Sharp

Good idea, but one I had already tried. Mozilla, Safari and Explorer. Safari won't even display the hotmail page, always shows an error message.

4. Duke Sharp

Just tried Opera, and now hotmail looks like it should. How weird is this? Safari, Explorer and Mozilla all work just fine on the MacBookPro, and until two days ago worked on this machine. No new software, no changes that I'm aware of... it just quit working with hotmail. Stupid frickin' machines, what a silly nuisance.

Thanks for you help.

If anyone has some clues why the other browsers simultaneously puked, I'd like to hear about it.
    DS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/726985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice