1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reply from 192.168.0.3: Destination host unreachable

Discussion in 'Networking' started by loriha, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. loriha

loriha Thread Starter

I am running a ASP.net website on Windows 8.1 with IIS and all morning I could access the website. By afternoon I could not access the website. I did not make any changes. I ping the website and my computer IP address and I get: Reply from 192.168.0.3: Destination host unreachable. I am new to networking. Can anyone give me any help as to how to go about fixing this?

2. Sponsor

3. zer0sec

zer0sec

Go cmd type ----> ipconfig then find ipv4 it changes when you restart you can make it static tho, If this didn't work try allowing the port 80,443 in your windows firewall

4. loriha

loriha Thread Starter

I am running a website off of my PC, so by your reply I guess I need to make my IP address static. Can you tell me how to do that please? I am on Windows 8.1.

5. zer0sec

zer0sec

you can make your ipv4 static which is like 192.168.0.20 but public ip address is not the same you must call your isp and ask for the static ip information but you also will have to pay, but maybe not depends.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Are you using a router ? If so, see if the router has a page for setting up dyndns.(dynamic dns)

What this gives you is a steady domain name, associated to your ever changing ip that the ISP gives you. If your router supports this, it will update the dyndns site with your current ip every time it changes.And thus you will always be able to access your site using that domain name.

7. loriha

loriha Thread Starter

Should I have IPage which is my domain name hosting company, configured to the IP address of my router or my machine running IIS?

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

What is the ip address of your router?

9. loriha

loriha Thread Starter

The IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1.

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

Here's the deal. If you have not asked your ISP to give you a static ip, then your external ip address can change whenever. You can google for "whats my ip" and see your external ip address.

To run a web server, you need to forward traffic that reaches your router from the outside to the ip address of the server on the inside. You do this by going into your router web site, and create a "port forward" to port 80 of the ip address of your server. If you don't know how to do this, give me the make and model of your router and I can read up on the manual and help you.

Once port forward is done. Anyone trying to access http://<yourExternalIPAddress> will be able to reach your server.

However, as I said in the first paragraph, that external ip address can change whenever, if you have not made arrangements with your ISP to give you a static ip. The cheapest and easiest way to solve this is to use dyndns. If your router has this feature. Give me your router make and model and I will look into this for you.

11. loriha

loriha Thread Starter

Thanks. My router is: Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station A1143 Wireless-N Router. Please look into the changes I need to make to host the website off of my Windows 8.1 box.

12. lunarlander

lunarlander

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!