1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reply to in Outlook not accessing email addy's

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Markbo, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Markbo

Markbo Thread Starter

I just loaded Office 2003 for the first time and use outlook. I like outlook. I don't want to change software... just fix this. When I receive emails if I leave them in the inbox for more than a week or so, if I 'reply to', just the name as it was received goes into the 'To' box and not the entire address. Then I get a Check Names pop up that says outlook does not recognize that name - even if that is how I received the message.

I am sure there is a box to check off that I just can't find. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
    Mark

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

when i replay outlook only shows the name, not the whole address.

when it doesn't recognize the name does it give an option to add it to the address book?

that's one of the many reasons i like outlook express more than outlook.

3. FatherCrowe

FatherCrowe

Once you have manually entered an email address and emailed them, if you reply to that person again does the same thing happen?
    I think its happening because it recogninses the name not the email address, and that when Outlook looks in its address book and can't find it. If their address are saved I don;t think it will do it..........I dont think :rolleyes:

*EDIT*
    I tryed to reply to an email that was not in my address book and with mine it shows both the 'name' and their email address after. So I didn't have to save their address. I searched through the options and couldn't see anything that changed this setting. Odd how all three of us have slightly different views of the same address field.

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

it's not you but the sender.

when an address is entered into the outlook address book, the display will show name and email address.

i had to delete every entry as i only wanted the name in reply.

that's why i like like oe, adding to the address book in oe just has the name.

6. Markbo

Markbo Thread Starter

Well nothing worked that has been suggested. Thanks for all the effort and help. I will just copy and paste until I stumble across and answer one day. I refuse to call MS and pay $35 for what should be a simple setting adjustment.

Mark

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/453824

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice