1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rbabu, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbabu

rbabu Thread Starter

Did u get any solution for that ..becos i am also faincg the same problem..Please let me know once you get the remedy

#1 02-Jan-2007 05:03 PM - D:// The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    taina

Member Posts: 56
    Experience: Computer Illiterate

I am looking for help. I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-s4164 Window XP SP 2 Media Center Edition purchased in August. Just last night I noticed that my (D) Drive which is my DVD-RAM Drive as it reads now is not working correctly. I can play DVD's but it does not recognize CD-R/RW CD's nor actual Audio CD (retail). I seem to think that at an earlier time the Drive use to read CD-R/RW drive. ??? Could it just be the setting? The DVD-RAM is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S.

I have gone through the forum and tried out all the suggestions I could find. Still the problem exist.

When attempting to copy files to a CD I recieve this message: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

After going through all of the suggestions I could find I decided to do a full recovery (factory) and the problem is still there.

I have gone through Record Now! and Window Media Player using an Audio CD (retail) and I recieve the following message disk empty or drive busy. When I open the file nothing is there.

Please help. This is driving me bonkers.

Thanks in advance.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!