Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Did u get any solution for that ..becos i am also faincg the same problem..Please let me know once you get the remedy

#1 02-Jan-2007 05:03 PM - D:// The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
taina

Member Posts: 56
Experience: Computer Illiterate

I am looking for help. I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-s4164 Window XP SP 2 Media Center Edition purchased in August. Just last night I noticed that my (D) Drive which is my DVD-RAM Drive as it reads now is not working correctly. I can play DVD's but it does not recognize CD-R/RW CD's nor actual Audio CD (retail). I seem to think that at an earlier time the Drive use to read CD-R/RW drive. ??? Could it just be the setting? The DVD-RAM is a Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-841S.

I have gone through the forum and tried out all the suggestions I could find. Still the problem exist.

When attempting to copy files to a CD I recieve this message: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

After going through all of the suggestions I could find I decided to do a full recovery (factory) and the problem is still there.

I have gone through Record Now! and Window Media Player using an Audio CD (retail) and I recieve the following message disk empty or drive busy. When I open the file nothing is there.

Please help. This is driving me bonkers.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.