Request timed out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yiro

Can you help me fix the problem of no internet connection "Request timed out " error.
Most of the time I don't get the error(Request timed out) after using command ping 8.8.8.8 . But sometimes it pops out and then I lose connection. After a while its ok and then it happens again. If I ping host everything is ok and nothing bad pops out. For naw on I did:
-renew ip
-clear IP addresses or other DNS records from mine cache
-order DHCP client to renegotiate an IP address lease with the DHCP server on mine router
-And I've used some more commands;
-netsh int ip set dns
-netsh winsock reset
-netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Attachments

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Does this happen only on one device on the network? Or others as well? Is this wired or wireless?

We know absolutely nothing about your setup or your PC. You've got to give us a little bit more to work with. Try running our system info tool and paste the results here.
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe

yiro

Does this happen only on one device on the network?
No only on one single computer
Is this wired or wireless?
Wireless connection wired didn't change anything and I can't connect by etherhet cable anymore.
Info from TSG:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit, Build 9600, Installed 20210904151913.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 916 GB (754 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-D PLUS, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 140121114903213
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n 1001095777
Antivirus: ESET Security, Enabled and Updated

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you're using the latest driver from the system manufacturer, I'd probably try a USB Wi-Fi dongle and see if that makes a difference. Disable the onboard if you try this.

How far are you from the router? And what kinds of obstacles are in between? What is the newest protocol your router is capable of? 802.11n? g? ac?

yiro

Only wall not thick. Distance between my pc and router is about 2 meters.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you using an internal card with an external antenna, or a USB dongle?

yiro

I use both and with same conclusion. Those are: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter - internal card, TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter - USB dongle.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does a continuous ping to your router exhibit the same behavior?

plodr

Liz
Do you have the latest driver (June 2015) for the internal card?
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Qualcomm+Atheros+AR9485
The internal card, from what I can see
https://www.ath-drivers.eu/qualcomm-atheros-datasheets-for-AR9485.html
is an n.
Since TP-Link has multiple wifi USB adapters, I can tell if you purchased one that is ac or n.

Your router 802.11ac only works on the 5GHz channel
https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/802-11ac-vs-802-11n-what-s-the-difference-2905251

You'd have fewer headaches if you made sure the wifi USB adapter is ac and not n.

yiro

Do you have the latest driver (June 2015) for the internal card?
Yes
Since TP-Link has multiple wifi USB adapters, I can tell if you purchased one that is ac or n. You'd have fewer headaches if you made sure the wifi USB adapter is ac and not n.
I don't know if I understood it right but, I got to check it, results:
-TP-Link 802.11n but not turned on, and both 2,5GHz and 5GHz options avaible and turned on.

Couriant

James
Those ping times are horrendous.

Do you have any programs like uTorrent installed and running?

Can you for troubleshooting purposes connect the computer via Ethernet and turn off wifi to see if you get the same issue? Even if you have to move the computer?

yiro

Do you have any programs like uTorrent installed and running?
I've used to have it but I uninstalled it cleared PC and then I formatted it and here we are right naw...
Can you for troubleshooting purposes connect the computer via Ethernet and turn off wifi to see if you get the same issue? Even if you have to move the computer?
RIght naw I don't have any Ethernet cable

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is there anything else plugged into that router? Any switches at all? How many other devices connect to it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online