Reset a Computer to factory settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ekerniii

I have a Toshiba notebook computer that I want to give to my kids to use. I would like to reset it to factory standards. What is the best way to do this?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You didn't describe your Toshiba laptop (model number, product number, serial number, etc.), so we don't know how old it is and which Windows operating system it's running.

Is it running its original Windows operating system, and does its factory reset feature still function?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

ekerniii

It is from 2012. Toshiba NB505-N508OR. I bought it with limited capacity to use for e-mail when I was traveling for work. It was cheaper and easier to use than phones at the time.

It OS is original. I do not know how to access the reset feature.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You appear to have a Toshiba Mini NB505-N508OR 10.1" netbook which came with Windows 7 Starter 32-bit.
Is that correct?

What is the exact part/product number and serial number on yours?
Which country was it purchased in?

If its support site can be located, it may be easier to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

ekerniii

It is a 10.1 in notebook.

The part number is PLL50U-01700C. The serial number is 3B394300K.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to that serial number, HERE is the support site for your Toshiba Mini NB505-N508OR netbook.

According to its marketing specifications, it came with Windows 7 Starter 32-bit.

These are the "out of box" recovery steps for it that I obtained from its on-line user manual:

Clipboard.jpg
(click image to enlarge and view)

Good luck. (y)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online