1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reset Admin Password

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Rong 18, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rong 18

Rong 18 Thread Starter

Now Vista won't boot into the Desktop after i removed the Log-in password, thinking that
    Vista would by-pass it and boot straight into the Desktop.
    Unfortunately it did'nt and instead it prompt for a password which I don't have. . Now I'm stuck with the log-in page. How can I get around this problem.
    Appreciate all help. Many thanks in advance.

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

What steps were taken exactly to remove the log on password?
    Can you boot to safe mode and try to log on as "administrator"

3. Rong 18

Rong 18 Thread Starter

Problem solved. Many thanks for your reply. The log on password was removed by keying 'Control Userpasswords2' in the 'Run' box. Was able to boot into safe mode and set a new administrator password. Rebooted into safe mode using the new password, use System Restore to an earlier date and everything is back to normal.
    Thank you once again, appreciate your help.

4. B3ng@l!sh0Rty

[email protected]!sh0Rty

Hi , I cannot log in to my account because I forgot the password and that was an admin account. so what shall I do?? Plz can you get back to me asap. thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!