Solved "Reset" could not reset my PC to factory setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

exceller

Because of a problem recently for some reason, alot of my apps were greyed and not working. Despite upgrading to v1903, nothing was repaired or change to the Apps not working.

Despite Reset/Repair in Setting of some 20 Apps, the PC was still not right. During certain operations it would hang for 10/15 seconds.

Carried various checks with Defender and Malwarebytes, nothing found.
Also tried SFC & Dism without success, they could not rectify the errors.

So tried "Reset" to take PC back to Factory. After an hour or so, came up as could not carry out the PC.

I have a flashdrive with Mediacreation for 1903 and a Macrium Reflect image.

So although the image was made before the current problem, which would be the option to have a reinstall of Windows. Format the hd and put the image onto the hd or start the image to put it back onto the hd.

But what could be the route of the problem where the Apps failed, still failed despite the upgrade from 1809 to 1903 and why Reset would not go back to factory.

Thanks

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Also tried SFC & Dism without success, they could not rectify the errors.
The main question at this point is what do the logs show from DISM regarding the problems that could not be resolved

Also regarding the earlier issue you raised -
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-wumrg-0-9a-how.1224200/

did you uninstall - such third party so called tweaks have no place on 10 and many achieve only one thing with certainty - they ruin the system.

Re the reset to factory - one of the reasons could be that there is no longer a recovery partition - originally installed.

There is however no reason why you should not be able to recover to image - depending on IF the image is available to recover to
For instance an image in a folder rather than an image on the root of the drive will often not recover

I suggest you read the user guide
http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/user_guide/macrium_reflect_v7_2_user_guide.pdf?src=sidebar

page 196

That said it may not be the best way forward

If you want my help please send DISM logs and also send the results of the Mini toolbox checking ONLY installed programs and last 10 event viewer
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/
download Mini toolbox
on the icon right click and click run as admin
click to check ONLY installed programs and last 10 event
click GO
on the file it places on the desktop open it
select all and paste to reply please

exceller

Thanks,
Did a series of disc error checking, chkdsk, sfc, dism and re-signing into my MS account.
Although most of the apps were ok, the remainder were reset manually.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online