1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reset, dell inspirion 6400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Freshest, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Freshest

Freshest Thread Starter

I am tryin to set this laptop back to how it came when i recieved it form dell, only they did not give me the disc for it, how to i do this manually? any help would be great. please, i am not worried about backing up any files or saving any content i have on it, i just want it back to how it came out the box. thanks in advance

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

After pressing the power button, begin tapping f11 until you enter the restore partition and then follow directions.

3. Freshest

Freshest Thread Starter

i have tried over and over, its not working, still boots to the welcome screen..???...

4. Freshest

Freshest Thread Starter

maybe alt+f11 or something?

5. Freshest

Freshest Thread Starter

just f 11 on its own is not working, any other idea's?

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Something is wrong as F11 is the trigger if you are doing it as I suggested and tapping it continuously after pressing the power button as I suggested. Time to call Dell.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice