1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reset factory laptop settings

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lbc2of3, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbc2of3

lbc2of3 Thread Starter

I have a dell inspiron 1000. Older model, runs windows xp. I just simply want to reset to factory settings but am not sure of what key combonation to use. Ive called dell, they wont help because my warranty is up and they asked me to pay 50 dollars for a month warranty. Id much rather donate such an amount to someone more grateful. Also being that it is a laptop it also is having a battery recalibration problem, wondering if it needs a new battery or if thats even possible. Starting to feel completly helpless with these simple problems, if anyone could help id be forever grateful.:D

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!