Reset System/Program Icons?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

java_momma

Hi, I hope this is in the right spot - wasn't sure if it should go here or in Business Apps.

A few months ago I wanted to try out OpenOffice. I downloaded it and used some of it. I couldn't get the hang of it (or I was just too stubborn and use to MS Office to try), so I uninstalled it. But now, all my Office icons (shortcuts or files) are using the OpenOffice icons, rather than the MS ones. I can change the shortcuts to MS, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the other ones back to MS.

Please help. It's driving me mad! ;)
Thank you!
Erin

Windows XP Home - SP2

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you looked in Folder Options > File types (tab) ... to see what program is associated the office file types ?

Attachments

java_momma

Hi,

I hadn't, but I just did. When I went in there, OpenOffice was set as the program for Microsoft Word Doc. See attached. I'm not sure what to do now. Changing it to MS Word still didn't change the icons. I even clicked on the advanced option and changed it in there and still nothing. :S

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Erin :)

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
java_momma said:
.... I even clicked on the advanced option and changed it in there and still nothing...
That should've done it.
Might require a reboot and a little exercising before it'll take the new setting.
That's all I can think of at the moment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online