1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reseting fails to boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zimmah, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zimmah

zimmah Thread Starter

Apr 13, 2012
    Hello, I'll try to be as specific as i can be, as i really need help on this, it annoys me a lot and i have no idea how to fix it.

My computer has no problems at all while running, and if i turn it off the normal way (full shut down and start up sequence) it will work fine. however if i do a reset for whatever reason (most often installing new software or windows updates) then it tries to boot, but after the windows logo all it shows is my mouse cursor which is stationary in the middle of the screen and the rest is black. it stays like this forever untill i turn it off. If i try to boot again the same thing happens over and over, the only way to get out of this is to start into safe mode, which will take several minutes to load, and after it finaly loaded safe mode, i can just shut down the computer and after i have done that it will boot as normal.

i think it's something with my drivers but i'm really not sure how to troubleshoot this.

please assist.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049146