1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resetting 760GXK8MC CMOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jackdw, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackdw

jackdw Thread Starter

I have a 760GXK8MC motherboard which randomly decides to refuse to boot. Last time it did it I just removed teh battery and left it for 3 hours. I really cannot wait 3 hours for it to reset.

I have located the clr_cmos jumper, how do I reset the BIOS/CMOS on it because doing that seem to fix it last time.

Thanks
    Jack

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

3. jackdw

jackdw Thread Starter

How do I go about updating the BIOS then?

It wasn't a problem until I changed it's case. Everything is wired up correctly...

4. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Perhaps you should try setting the bios to defaults first and see if that helps.

I referred you to the foxconn page because there were others dealing with a cmos problem .
    As to flash the bios is described on many websites.

5. sir.corey

sir.corey

helo, im new in this forum, i need ur help.. becouse i have the similar problem with 3 winfast 760gxk8mc, the problems is. when i finally to instal all driver, when the realtek ac-97 audio, is fiish to install, when restar to back to winXP to entri, Error.. and restar Sistem Operative again...

Well, the porblems is, i can`t, enter to win normal, only in mode fails test, beouse disable the audio controler....

well this the problem, i dont know, if you can help me...????

Aur REvoir...

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

Sir.corey, you will get a lot more attention by starting a new thread rather than piggy-backing a 6 month old thread.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!