1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resetting Administrator Password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Berky67, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Berky67

Berky67 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a laptop from my old company which I used to use to login to work. I have not used it for some time and I can't remember either my own password or the administrator password. My old company used Active Directory so I am not sure whether any of the solutions available on the internet would work because of Active Directory.

Can anyone help me reset either my own password or the Administrator's password so that I can use this laptop? The OS is XP.

Many thanks

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Can someone close this thread?

4. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
  5. valis

valis Moderator

Please see the TSG Rules, we no longer provide any help with lost passwords or getting around password protection. Obviously, we can't determine the real intent here, so our policy is to abstain from any assistance in these matters.

closing thread.

6. valis

valis Moderator

AnandSunnoo, as that was your first post, we'll consider it a very steep learning curve. Please review the forum rules regarding before posting again.

thanks,

v

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You need to report these threads, not post to them in order for a moderator to know about it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!