1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resetting file associations?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by twoply23, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoply23

twoply23 Thread Starter

I tried to uninstall Quicktime and was given two options. One was a complete uninstall, and it warned me that this might mess with file associations, blah blah, we don't recommend this, and like an idiot I did it anyway. Now I can't play or burn cd's with any program! How do I get programs such as windows media player, Nero, etc. to recognize these files again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. twoply23

twoply23 Thread Starter

It would seem that .wav and Mp3 files work fine, it's just the .cda files (at least I think that's what their called) that don't seem to work. :confused:

3. bboop

bboop

open windows e xplorer, find any file w/ the extension you wish to change, highlight the file but don't open it, right click bring up menu with options to open with , choose open with then the program,scroll down the list and find the progrm you want to use . or go to www.pspconnection.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice